The applicant for 1047 Richmond Road appealed to the Ontario Land Tribunal and is scheduled for a hearing in December. Staff and the applicant have been in discussions regarding the proposal.
The applicant has made some changes to the application, most notably the removal of one of the three proposed towers and the addition of some affordable housing units. Planning and Housing Committee will receive this report, which is now supported by staff, Wednesday morning or consideration.
Due to the timeline for the Ontario Land Tribunal date, this report has been added to the agenda for the November 15th Planning and Housing Committee meeting.
You can read the full report here: Report (escribemeetings.com)
Summary of Building Changes from Original Proposal:
• Removal of one of three proposed buildings, resulting in;
• two towers of 40 storeys (closest to the New Orchard LRT Station) and 38 storeys (in the eastern part of the site).
• Reduction in tower floorplate from approximately 800 square metres to 750 square metres
• Reduction in podium height from six storeys to three storeys plus mezzanine.
• Increase in setback to Richmond Road from 1.5 metres to 5 metres.
• Increase in setback to New Orchard Street from 3.2 metres to 5 metres.
• The provision of a publicly accessible private open space fronting Richmond Road.
• Elimination of direct vehicular access to Richmond Road.
• Owner has agreed to provided 15 units per building defined as affordable for a 15-year term. The affordability definition agreed to is, “A dwelling unit for which a household at or below the 60th percentile of household income pays 30 per cent or less of its gross income towards shelter cost.”
If you would like to speak to this item, you are welcome to make a delegation regarding any of your concerns at Planning and Housing Committee. Delegates are given 5 minutes to speak to the item.
You must make a register to speak by 8:30am Wednesday November 15th, and you can do so by notifying Kelly Crozier either by phone (613) 580-2424, ext. 16875 or email: Kelly.Crozier@ottawa.ca
Residents can also submit written comments ahead of Committee for members and their staff to read ahead of the meeting. Written remarks must be submitted by Tuesday November 14th at 4pm.