Please take a moment to listen to this message from Dr. Vera Etches, your Medical Officer of Health dated September 23rd.
Individuals aged 12 and over, unless otherwise exempted, can provide either a paper or digital copy of their vaccination receipt that demonstrates they are fully vaccinated. It must include their name, date of vaccination and product name (brand of vaccine) at the time of vaccination. A vaccination receipt includes any of the following:
- An Ontario vaccination receipt from a vaccine clinic when you received your dose (paper copy)
- A vaccination receipt signed by an Indigenous Health Provider
- An Ontario Ministry of Health vaccination receipt received by email following your appointment (digital or printed paper copy)
- Downloaded vaccination receipt from Ontario’s provincial booking portal or by calling the Provincial Vaccine Contact Centre at 1-833-943-3900 (digital or printed paper copy)
- A vaccination receipt from another jurisdiction that shows the holder is fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
You must also validate that the vaccine receipt is yours by providing identification issued by an institution or public body that includes your name and date of birth.
Vaccination tools and apps in Ontario
The Province of Ontario is aware of vaccine certificate tools being developed by volunteers, and while it appreciates groups bringing forward novel solutions, it strongly encourages Ontarians to examine any product’s privacy and security policies, and to be cautious of sharing personal data, especially health information. The province’s made-in-Ontario enhanced vaccine certificate QR code will only share the minimum information required to show proof of vaccination. Ontario’s accompanying verification application for businesses will never store personal information.
Applications or “apps” that are developed by a group of volunteers and houses a person’s vaccine credentials are not affiliated with the Province. Ontario is developing an enhanced vaccine certificate with a unique QR code to make it safer, more secure and convenient to show that you have been vaccinated, when required to do so. The enhanced vaccine certificate and verification app will be available by October 22, 2021.