Cornerstone Housing for Women helps over 230 women every day and nearly six hundred women each year transform their lives from crisis to hope, housing, and healing.
Their shelter is located downtown, so the last week has been very stressful. Read their full statement here.
The following is a message from Cornerstone
We have received an outpour of messages on how people can support us during these unprecedented times. There are a few ways that would make a great impact on our services.
Messages of Hope:
- Send in a positive and supportive message to shelter staff and residents.
- The staff and women at our shelter could use some positive messages of support. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a letter to 314 Booth Street.
- Share our story and advocate for people experiencing homelessness
- Short term: communicate to leaders that we need our city back
- Long term: advocate for more supportive and affordable housing in our city
- If you are able to and wish to support us, a monetary donation would be greatly appreciated.
- Our gift-in-kind program is on hold at the moment to prevent the spread of omicron and keep residents and staff safe.
If you have sent in a monetary gift, we truly appreciate your generosity. Any amount truly goes a long way to giving women a safe, supportive shelter space.