As part of the continuing Stage 2 O-Train Light Rail Transit (LRT) project, Hydro Ottawa will be installing underground infrastructure to supply the site of the future Cleary Station. This work is necessary to maintain the reliability of the electrical distribution system in this area and provide increased capacity to meet the LRT Stage 2 requirements. This project is in support of the City of Ottawa’s Transportation Master Plan.
Work will start on December 5, 2022 and has an estimated completion date of March 31, 2023. This project involves the installation of five different underground structures in the following locations:
- the intersection of Richmond Road and Lockhart Avenue;
- on Lockhart Avenue between Richmond Road and Saville Row;
- on Saville Row between between Woodroffe Avenue and Lockhart Avenue;
- on Woodroffe Avenue between Richmond Road and Deschênes Street;
- and on Richmond Road from Woodroffe Avenue to Allison Avenue.
There are no scheduled power outages associated with this work. Residents and businesses will notice increased construction presence throughout the project, including construction vehicles. Traffic control and lane reductions may be implemented throughout the project to ensure that roads remain safe and accessible to residents and staff.