- Still putting food scraps in the garbage instead of the green bin? That’s like choosing trash over treasure.
- Organics can be trash in the landfill, or they can become treasure, fertilising farmers’ fields.
- Using the green bin reduces the greenhouse gas emissions that contribute to climate change.
- Now that you can put food scraps in plastic bags, it’s easy to avoid smell and mess in the green bin.
- Trash or treasure? It’s up to you.
Key data and market research findings:
- Only around 500 out of the 1685 multi-residential buildings participate in the green bin program.
- The H+K market research tells us that 50 per cent of the Aspirational target group live in multi-residential buildings.
- Market research message testing indicated the Aspirational group responded particularly well to messages emphasizing the environmental benefits of using the green bin.
Visit Ottawa.ca/green bin for more information. · Not sure where something goes? Check the Waste Explorer.