On Thursday November 18th, the Transit Commission approved OC Transpo’s 2021 Draft Budget
OC Transpo’s 2021 Draft Budget includes the following:
- Freezing EquiPass fares and the Community Pass at 2019 levels.
- A 2.5 per cent fare increase effective January 1, 2021, except for low-income customers and those who are Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) recipients
- Because of the 2020 fare freeze, there is a budget pressure of $5.1 million in 2021 that will be funded from Transit reserves
- Costs of the 2020 fare increase deferral have been included in the RTG claim
- No service expansion on all modes of transit
- Discretionary spending pause continues in 2021
The 2021 Draft Budget will be tabled for consideration and approval by City Council on December 9.