On Wednesday November 20th 2019, the Transit Commission approved OC Transpo’s 2020 Draft Budget, received a report outlining the implementation of Para Transpo online services and received an update on transit services, including O-Train Line 1.
Enhancing transit service
Highlights of the 2020 Draft Budget include:
- $7.5 million investment for bus service, including 19 new buses
- $2 million for increased Para Transpo service
- Three-month freeze on all transit fares
- One-year fare freeze for EquiPass, Community Pass and Access Pass
- $440,000 incremental cost for EquiPass and Community Pass will be funded through the Community and Social Services Department budget
- Minimal incremental cost for Access Pass will be funded through the City’s Transportation Services Department budget
- Continued capital investments across all aspects of the service
The 2020 Draft Budget will be considered by City Council on December 11.