Ottawa – These upcoming events and projects will have the following impacts on Ottawa traffic:
Cedarview Road – From Saturday, September 21 at 5 am until Monday, September 23 at 6 am, Cedarview Road will be closed between Baseline and West Hunt Club roads to install a new culvert. A signed detour will be in place. Access to and from Highway 416 will be maintained at Cedarview and West Hunt Club roads.
Richmond Road – Until end of November, Richmond Road will be reduced to one westbound lane between Redwood and Fraser avenues to replace a watermain. Eastbound traffic will be detoured onto Byron Avenue. Cycling lanes will be available on Byron Avenue between Redwood and Fraser avenues. Two pedestrian crosswalks will be available on Byron Avenue, at Wavell and Westminster avenues. Bus stop 7511 at Richmond Road and Wavell Avenue, and bus stop 4940 at Richmond Road and Westminster Avenue will both be relocated to Byron Avenue. Fraser Avenue will be a northbound one-way street between Byron Avenue and Richmond Road. Redwood Avenue will be a southbound one-way street between Richmond Road and Keenan Avenue. Visit ottawa.ca for additional information and detour maps.
Canada Army Run – On Sunday, September 22, the following roads will be closed from 5:30 am until late afternoon for the Canada Army Run:
- Sir John A. Macdonald Parkway between Slidell Street and Wellington Street
- Wellington Street between Sir John A. Macdonald Parkway and Sussex Drive
- Booth Street between Chaudière Crossing and the Canadian War Museum
- St. Patrick Street between Alexandra Bridge and Chaudière Crossing
- Sussex Drive between Colonel By Drive and and Princess Avenue
- Princess Avenue between Sussex Drive and Sir George Étienne Parkway
- Sir George Étienne Parkway between Princess Avenue and Aviation Parkway
- Aviation Parkway between Sir George Étienne Parkway and Hemlock Road
- Hemlock Road between Aviation Parkway and St. Laurent Boulevard
- St. Laurent Boulevard between Hemlock Road and the Beechwood Cemetery
- Beechwood Cemetery pathway between St. Laurent Boulevard and Beechwood Avenue
- Beechwood Avenue between Beechwood Cemetery and Corona Avenue
- Corona Avenue between Beechwood Road and Rideau Terrace
- Rideau Terrace between Corona Avenue and Lisgar Road
- Lisgar Road between Rideau Terrace and Princess Avenue
- Princess Avenue between Lisgar Road and Sussex Drive
- St. Patrick Street between Alexandra Bridge and Chaudière Bridge
- Booth Street between Chaudière Crossing and Canadian War Museum
In addition, Booth Street will be closed between Sir John A. Macdonald Parkway and Chaudière Bridge starting Saturday, September 21 at 5:30 pm for run preparations. More information on the course information can be found at armyrun.ca.
For more updates on construction and roadwork activity across the city, or for information about traffic and travel planning, visit the City’s traffic report or follow the City’s traffic account on Twitter.