Ottawa – These upcoming projects and events will have the following impacts on Ottawa traffic:
- Albert and Bay streets – From Friday, November 15 at 7 pm until Sunday, November 17 at 10 pm, Albert Street will be closed between Lyon Street and Bronson Avenue, and Bay Street will be closed between Slater and Queen streets for the installation of a new gas main. Pedestrian access will be maintained. Cyclist can dismount and use the sidewalk
- Highway 417 – Until Thursday, November 21, Highway 417 will be reduced nightly to two eastbound lanes between Carling and Parkdale avenues. Reductions will be in place on weeknights from 10 pm to 8 am on weekdays and from 10 pm to 6 am on weekends for construction on the Harmer Avenue pedestrian bridge. The Parkdale Avenue off-ramp will remain open.
- Hazeldean Mall Kanata Santa Claus Parade – On Saturday, November 16 from 10 am until noon, the
following roads will close for the Hazeldean Mall Kanata Santa Claus
- Castlefrank Road between Terry Fox and Abbeyhill drives
- Abbeyhill Drive between Castlefrank Road and Hazeldean Mall
- Terry Fox Drive between Winchester and Cope drives
- Help Santa Toy Parade –
On Saturday, November 16 from 9:30 am until 2 pm, the following roads will
close for the Help Santa Toy Parade:
- Laurier Avenue between Nicholas and Bank streets
- Bank Street between Laurier Avenue and Lansdowne Park
- Elgin Street between Albert and Gloucester streets
- Second Avenue between Bank and Lyon streets
- Barrhaven Santa Claus Parade – On Sunday, November 17 from 3 until 8:30 pm, the
following roads will close for the Barrhaven Santa Claus Parade:
- Strandherd Drive between Beatrice Drive and the Strandherd OC Transpo Park and Ride.
- Chapman Mills Drive between Longfields and Clearbrook drives
- Langrell Crescent between Bissett Way and Chapman Mills Drive
A list of upcoming Santa Claus parades is available on ottawa.ca.