Ottawa – Upcoming events and projects will have the following impacts on Ottawa traffic:
Albert and Lyon streets – From Friday, August 23 at 6 pm to Sunday, August 25 at 10 pm, Albert Street will be closed between Bay and Lyon streets, and Lyon Street will be closed between Albert and Queen streets to connect services to new developments. Follow signed detours.
Bronson Avenue – On Thursday, August 22, one northbound lane re-opened on Bronson Avenue between Catherine Street and Imperial Avenue. In addition, motorists will now be able to access Bronson Avenue northbound from the eastbound Highway 417 off-ramp. At least one lane will remain open in each direction until work is completed in December 2019. More information is available on the Bronson Avenue reconstruction project page.
Des Épinettes Avenue – Beginning Monday, August 26, the eastbound lane on Des Épinettes Avenue between Jeanne d’Arc Boulevard and Sunview Drive/Winter View Lane will be closed for rehabilitation of the wastewater pumping station until early 2020. A signed detour will be in place.
First Line Road – From Friday, August 23 at 7 pm until Sunday, August 25 at 7 pm, First Line Road will be closed between Bankfield Road and Elijah Court to install a new culvert. A signed detour will be in place.
Highway 417 – On Saturday, August 24 and Sunday, August 25, the Ministry of Transportation of Ontario will be completing bridge inspections on Highway 417. Motorists should expect closures of the eastbound and westbound median lanes:
- Saturday, August 24, from 6 am to 10 am, between Clyde and Bronson avenues.
- Sunday, August 25, from 6 am to 10 am, between Percy Street and St. Laurent Boulevard.
Hunt Club Road – Until Friday, October 18, motorists should expect intermittent lane closures on Hunt Club Road during overnight and off-peak hours, between North Bowesville Road and Paul Anka Drive, for road rehabilitation.
Metcalfe Street – Beginning Thursday, August 22, one lane on Metcalfe Street will be closed to traffic between Nepean and Lisgar streets, until October. The western sidewalk on this section of Metcalfe will also be closed at this time. Throughout this closure, motorists and cyclists should expect delays, and pedestrians should use the opposite sidewalk. This closure is required to accommodate construction work at 170 and 180 Metcalfe Street, and at 1 Nepean Street.
Nepean Street – Beginning Monday, August 28, one lane on Nepean Street will be closed to traffic, between Metcalfe and O’Connor streets, until October. Sidewalks on both sides of Nepean will also be closed at this time. Signed detours will be in place for pedestrians. This closure is required to accommodate construction work at 170 and 180 Metcalfe Street, and at 1 Nepean Street.
Stonehaven Drive – From Friday, August 23 at 8 pm until Sunday evening, August 25, access to and from Stonehaven Drive at Old Richmond Road will be closed for road paving, as part of the Kanata South Link Project. Access to businesses will be maintained and signed detours will be in place.
- Somerset Street between Bank and O’Connor streets
- Bank Street between Somerset Street and Gladstone Avenue
- James Street between Bank Street and 420 Gilmour Street
The following streets will be closed on Sunday, August 25 between 1:30 and 4 pm for the Capital Pride Parade:
- Gladstone Avenue between Bank and Kent streets
- Laurier Avenue between Kent and Bank streets
- Kent Street between Gladstone and Laurier avenues
- Bank Street between Laurier Avenue and Somerset Street
The following streets may also be closed on Sunday, August 25 between 6 am to 4 pm, to accommodate parade staging:
- Bank Street between Catherine Street and Gladstone Avenue
- O’Connor Street between Gladstone Avenue and MacLaren Street
- Gladstone Avenue between O’Connor and Bank streets
- Gladstone Avenue between Lyon Street North and Kent Street
- Argyle Avenue between O’Connor and Bank streets
- McLeod Street between O’Connor and Bank streets