Ottawa – The following projects will impact Ottawa traffic:
- Highway 417 – The following Highway 417 off-ramps will be closed for paving:
- Eastbound off-ramp at Nicholas Street will be closed from Thursday, September 24 at 2 am until Thursday, September 24 at 5 am.
- Eastbound off-ramp at St. Laurent Boulevard will be closed from Thursday, September 24 until Friday, September 25 at 5 am.
- Highway 174 – Westbound traffic will be diverted onto the eastbound portion of Highway 174 between Montreal and Blair roads on Saturday, September 26 and Sunday, September 27 for Stage 2 LRT east expansion. Traffic lanes will be separated and this configuration will be in place until 2021. Eastbound traffic will not be impacted.
- Innes Road – Innes Road from the 417 bridge to Blair Road and Innes Road from Blair Road to the Blackburn Hamlet bypass will have overnight lane reductions in both directions from Sunday, September 27 at 8 pm until Friday, October 2 at 6 am for watermain work. Cyclist and pedestrian access will be maintained.
- Vanier Parkway – Vanier Parkway between Presland Road and Donald Street will have intermittent lane reductions in both directions from Monday, September 28 until Friday, October 9 for watermain and sewer replacement. One lane of traffic in each direction will be maintained at all times and signed detours will be in place for pedestrians.
- Gilchrist Road – Gilchrist Road at Scott Street will be closed from Monday, September 28 until Friday, October 2 for watermain replacement and rehabilitation. Local access will be maintained and signed detours will be in place for motorists, cyclists and pedestrians.
- Fisher Avenue – Fisher Avenue between Baseline Road and Carling Avenue will have intermittent lane reductions in both directions on Monday, September 28 for crack sealing repairs. Traffic controllers will be on site to direct motorists. Pedestrian and cycling access will be maintained.
- Highway 417 – A section of Highway 417 will close at Nicholas Street, in both directions, from Saturday, October 3 at 6 pm to Sunday, October 4 at 11 am. The eastbound on-ramps at Nicholas and Metcalfe streets will also close during that time. Detours will be in place.
Lane reductions will start on Saturday, October 3 at 5 pm, followed by the full closure at 6 pm. With the new bridge now in place, the closures are required to demolish the old structure as part of the Ministry of Transportation’s replacement of the Nicholas Street underpass.
For updates on construction and roadwork activity across Ottawa, or for information about traffic and travel planning, visit the City’s traffic map or follow the City’s traffic account on Twitter.