Ottawa – The following projects will impact Ottawa traffic:
- Richmond Road – Due to construction on a couple of apartment buildings and the LRT Stage 2, drivers along the stretch on Richmond Road between Ambleside Drive and Sherbourne may experience significant traffic and delays. This construction will continue to be an issue for the next few years.
- Primrose Avenue – Primrose Avenue between Bronson Avenue and Arthur Street is closed until Tuesday, October 13 for sewer installation. Signed detours are in place for motorists on Bronson Avenue from Primrose Avenue to Somerset Street West to Arthur Street. Pedestrian, cyclist and local access are being maintained.
- Highway 417 – The Highway 417 eastbound off-ramp at St. Laurent Boulevard will close from Thursday, October 8 at 11 pm until Friday, October 9 at 5 am for paving.
- Fallowfield Road – Fallowfield Road will have lane reductions in both directions at Larkin Drive from Thursday, October 8 until Thursday, October 15 on weekdays during off-peak hours for guiderail replacement. Local access will be maintained and traffic controllers will be on site to direct motorists, pedestrians and cyclists.
- Borrisokane Road – Borrisokane Road at Strandherd Drive will be closed from Friday, October 9 at 6 pm until Tuesday, October 13 at 3 pm for sewer installation. Signed detours will be in place along Cambrian Road and Longfields Drive for motorists, pedestrians and cyclists.
- Barnsdale Road – Barnsdale Road will be closed to eastbound traffic between Rideau Valley Drive and Lockview Road from Tuesday, October 13 until the end of the year for watermain work. Westbound traffic will be maintained. River Road, McLean Crescent, Rideau Valley Drive and Long Island Road will also have lane reductions in both directions on weekdays during off-peak hours. Signed detours will be in place for motorists. OC Transpo, cyclist and pedestrian access will be maintained.
- Limebank Road – Limebank Road will have off-peak lane reductions in both directions between River and Earl Armstrong roads from Thursday, October 8 until Friday, October 16 for crack sealing. These dates are weather dependent. Traffic controllers will be on site to direct motorists, pedestrians and cyclists.
- McKenna Casey Drive – McKenna Casey Drive will close permanently between Strandherd Drive and the VIA Rail tracks beginning Wednesday, October 14 as part of the Strandherd Drive widening.
For updates on construction and roadwork activity across Ottawa, or for information about traffic and travel planning, visit the City’s traffic map or follow the City’s traffic account on Twitter.