Upcoming events and projects will have the following impacts on Ottawa traffic:
Elgin Street –Beginning on Tuesday, July 2, the Somerset Street crossing at Elgin will need to close for up to 13 weeks for underground utility work and intersection reconstruction. While closed, Cooper Street will open to route eastbound traffic and MacLaren Street will open to route westbound traffic across Elgin. In addition, the Gladstone Avenue crossing at Elgin remains closed and Frank Street is open in its place. Visit ottawa.ca for additional information and detour maps.
Prince of Wales Drive – From Tuesday, July 2 to Friday, July 19, portions of Prince of Wales Drive near Dynes Road will be reduced to one lane in each direction during off-peak times and overnight. This is needed to upgrade the road, sewer and watermain.
Sir John A. Macdonald Parkway – From the week of July 2 to October 2019, the Sir John A. Macdonald Parkway will have lane reductions between Dominion Avenue and Cleary Avenue during off-peak times. Eastbound and Westbound traffic will be maintained at all times. This is needed to realign the Sir John A. Macdonald Parkway to accommodate the future west extension of the Confederation Line.
Canada Day, July 1
- There will be numerous road closures around the three Canada Day sites in downtown Ottawa: Parliament Hill, Major’s Hill Park and the Canadian Museum of History. Road closures will begin on Sunday, June 30 and last until Tuesday, July 2. See the Government of Canada’s list of closures.
- Trim Road will be closed between Highway 417 and Petrie Island on Monday, July 1 between 6 am and midnight.
- Charlie Rogers Place will be closed between Ron Maslin Way and the Kanata Recreation Centre from Sunday, June 30 at noon until Tuesday, July 2 at 6 pm.
- Strandherd Road will be closed between Fallowfield Road and Jockvale Road on Monday, July 1 from 8:30 pm to 10:30 pm.
- McKenna Casey Drive will be closed between Moodie Drive and Strandherd Road on Monday, July 1 from 8:30 pm to 10:30 pm.
- Osgoode Main Street will be closed between River Road and 5660 Osgoode Main Street on Monday, July 1 from 4:30 pm to 6 pm.
Bluesfest, July 4 to 14
- Parking lanes on both sides of the Sir John A. Macdonald Parkway between Booth Street and Vimy Place are closed until Friday, July 19.
- Parking lanes on Wellington Street between Booth Street and Lett Street will be closed from Thursday, July 4 at 6 am until Monday, July 15.
- There will be limited access to the Sir John A. Macdonald multi-use pathway behind the Canadian War Museum. Follow the signed detour.