Upcoming events and projects will have the following impacts on Ottawa traffic:
Elgin Street –Gladstone Avenue at Elgin Street is closed for up to six weeks for underground utility work and intersection reconstruction as part of the Elgin Street Renewal project. While closed, Frank Street is open to route traffic and transit across Elgin Street. The westbound cycling lane on Gladstone from Cartier to Elgin is temporarily closed during this time. Visit ottawa.ca for updated detour maps.
Bantree Road – Lane reductions will be in place on Bantree Road from Innes Road to Sheffield Road to allow for resurfacing of the roadway. The work will take place during off peak hours from Monday, June 24 to Sunday, June 30.
Union Street – From Tuesday, June 25 to Friday, July 12, Union Street will be closed to between King Edward Street and Stanley Avenue during off peak hours, for bridge warranty repairs. In addition, the sidewalks on Union Street will also be closed. Cyclist and Pedestrians will be detoured and access to the parking garage at 111 Sussex Drive will be maintained.
Greenbank Road – On June 25, there will be two short duration closures of the Greenbank Road bridge to facilitate repairs to the structure. The closures will both take place between 9 pm and 10 pm, and last for approximately 15 minutes each. Southbound traffic will be redirected at Greenbank Road and Jockvale Road, and northbound traffic will be redirected at Greenbank Road and Half Moon Bay Road.
- There will be numerous road closures around the three Canada Day sites in downtown Ottawa, 1) Parliament Hill, 2) Major’s Hill Park and 3) Canadian Museum of History. Road closures will begin on Sunday, June 30 and last until Tuesday, July 2. See the complete list of closed streets available from the Government of Canada.
- Trim Road will be closed between Hwy 417 and Petrie Island on July 1 between 6am and midnight.
- Charlie Rogers Way will be closed between Ron Maslin Way and the Kanata Recreation Centre from noon, Sunday, June 30 until 6 pm, Tuesday, July 2.
- Strandherd Road will be closed between Fallowfield Drive and Jockvale Road on Monday, July 1 from 8:30 pm to 10:30 pm
- McKenna Casey Drive will be closed between Moodie Drive and Strandherd Road on Monday, July 1 from 8:30 pm to 10:30 pm
- Osgoode Main Street will be closed between River Road and 5660 Osoode Main Street on Monday, July 1 from 4:30 pm to 6 pm
For more updates on construction and roadwork activity across the city or for information about traffic and travel planning, visit the City’s traffic report or follow the City’s traffic account on Twitter.