The Climate Change and Resiliency team is hiring three interns to support our work. Our team provides strategic support to the City of Ottawa on greenhouse gas mitigation, energy efficiency, energy conservation, renewable energy, building retrofits, electric vehicles, electricity, renewable natural gas, transportation and urban planning, climate change adaptation and resiliency.
Applicants must meet the following criteria: be 30 or younger currently unemployed, underemployed or a student/recent graduate, be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of have refugee status, hold a relevant degree and be passionate about climate change
The three positions we’re looking to fill are:
Climate Change Intern – Commercial Building Retrofits
The intern will support the Better Buildings Ottawa Program to accelerate the retrofits of existing industrial, commercial, institutional, and multi-unit buildings.
Climate Change Intern – Adaptation
The intern will support:
- the implementation of Rain Ready Ottawa
- the finalization of the Climate Vulnerability and Risk assessment and the development of a Climate Resiliency Strategy and Action plan
- climate adaptation communications, outreach and early actions
Climate Change Intern – Emissions Reductions
The intern will support work in climate mitigation in five key City of Ottawa project areas:
- Recovery and use of organic material
- Renewable natural gas
- Community heating
- The City municipal buildings renewal and deep retrofit strategy
- Electricity resources
Applications close on January 26.