The Britannia Winter Trail (BWT) is a multi-use urban winter trail in your neighbourhood that is welcoming and inclusive to all forms of winter activity: cross-country skiing, winter biking, snow shoeing, or simply walking.
- Successful pilot in 2020 saw 5.7km of multi-use winter trail groomed in and around Britannia Park for 6 weeks
- Season 1 in 2021 included two pilot extensions of the trail to Deschenes Rapids to the east and through Andrew Haydon Park to the west for a total of 15km of groomed multi-use winter trails for 10 weeks of operation
- Community led, supported and volunteer driven initiative
- Supported by NCC, City of Ottawa and Councillor Kavanagh’s office, as well as business sponsors and your donations!
What’s new for 2022
- Trail expansion through Andrew Haydon Park is permanent
- Trail expansion to the east will be extended to Woodroffe Avenue!
How you can help
- Support our social media pages
- Champion the trail by spreading the word, using the trail, and respecting trail rules
- Volunteer…think about how you can contribute now or in the future and reach out to email@example.com
- DONATE…please donate to help us meet our 2022 Fundraising Goal of $30,000 (for the purchase of an ATV and related expenses and equipment for grooming to ensure sustainability. We want the BWT to be part of our communities for years to come!
- Etransfer BritanniaWinterTrail@gmail.com (100% of your donation goes to BWT)
- GoFundMe 2022-Britannia-Winter-Trail fundraiser (GoFundMe takes 2% of all donations)
Version française page 2