OC Transpo will be doing to further enhance operations and minimize possible disruptions that customers may face relating to the proactive track and maintenance work on the O-Train Line 1.
Rideau Transit Group will be performing proactive track and maintenance work on O-Train Line 1 from Friday, August 12 until Thursday, August 25. Overnight, there will be full or partial service adjustments depending on the work being done and R1 service will be running. Full O-Train Line 1 service will resume every day at normal service times.
OC Transpo has taken several proactive steps to ensure continued service and minimize
customer disruptions, including:
• OC Transpo Red Vest staff will be present across the system and stationed at key areas
to assist customers throughout the duration of the temporary service adjustments.
• Increased Transit Supervisor staffing levels over the weekend during R1 service to
manage service in both directions and ensure operators have a clear understanding of
• An alternative R1 routing plan has been created should there be significant delays due to
the highway 417 closure between Carling and Metcalfe.
Additionally, OC Transpo is working collaboratively with City partners to have additional
mitigation measures in place to reduce impacts, including:
• Activation of the Traffic Incident Management Group to ensure effective and efficient
coordination of traffic impacts, including traffic light optimization to prioritize buses as
• Detailed R1 routing plans have been coordinated with Traffic Management to ensure Citywide
awareness of service adjustments.
• Ottawa Police Services will provide support at the intersection of Laurier and Bay streets
to assist eastbound R1 operators making the left turn from Laurier to Bay Street.
Information and reminders will be communicated to customers through various channels,
including customer alerts, social media updates, signage at Line 1 stations, and octranspo.com.
Customers can visit octranspo.com for travel planning assistance or call 613-560-5000.
Schedules are available by calling 613-560-5000 or texting 560560 plus the bus stop number.