Looking for a summer job in Recreation, Cultural and Facilities Services – information on those opportunities can be found at Recreation, Cultural and Facility Services recruitment. The RCFS Summer Hiring Campaign will be open from February 4 to August 30, 2019.
If you are interested in taking on exciting challenges and making a difference in your community, explore our summer job opportunities in a wide range of fields, a few of which include:
- Administrative Support/Customer Service
- Buildings, Roads, Forestry and Maintenance
- By-Law Services
- Collections and Archives (Heritage)
- Community and Social Services
- Environmental Sciences
- Finance and Accounting
- Information Technology Services
- Library Services
- Marketing and Communications
- Recreation, Cultural and Facility Services
- Public Health Services
- Traffic, Parking and Transportation Services
Before you submit your application, you may choose to review the summer student hiring process and the eligibility criteria and important facts and information. Refer to the applying for jobs for assistance on how to apply.
To be eligible for the Summer Student Employment Program, you must satisfy the following criteria:
- be legally entitled to work in Canada;
- be 16 years of age or older by the first day of summer employment (For employment with the Ottawa Public Library and certain RCFS positions you must be 15 years of age or older);
- be enrolled in a secondary or post-secondary program or institution of higher learning on a full-time basis, returning to school or graduating that same year; and
- if a part-time student in university or college, your transcript must indicate that the course of study is leading you to a degree or diploma.