Ottawa – With sights set on better days ahead, the City’s Summer eGuides are now online. Offered in English and French, peruse our COVID-modified summer camps, outdoor activities and virtual offerings. Registration takes place online starting Wednesday, May 5 at 9 pm.
The start of in-person camps and activities will be subject to the prevailing COVID-19 restrictions being relaxed sufficiently to allow for the program to operate. However, it is important to provide residents enough lead time, especially parents and guardians, to plan for this summer.
COVID-19 modified in-person programming at select locations
- Low-ratio summer camps: Fun and creative physically distanced sports, games and crafts for children and youth between the ages of 4 and 12. Activities will be held outdoors whenever possible and enhanced safety measures will be in place.
- Outdoor recreation activities: Cycling and tennis for children and adults.
- Inclusive recreation activities: Activities for children, youth and adults with disabilities.
Virtual online programs
The popularity and convenience of virtual programming has made it a permanent fixture in future offerings, including summer.
- Virtual summer camps: Mix and match half-day sessions to pique your child or youth’s interest in the arts and technology. Programs include:
- Science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) exploring robotics and using LEGO® for construction and design
- Visual arts
- Virtual fitness programs for adults: Yoga, Pilates, Zumba and tai chi, among others
Registration on May 5 is easy. Explore the eGuides to select the program that interests you and follow these simple steps:
- Go to ottawa.ca/recreation and click on the eGuides.
- Click the relevant barcode – it will take you to join.ottawa.ca and the course page, with details about the number of spaces available, fees and dates.
- Add the class to your cart and then proceed through the checkout. We’ll email you your receipt.
Also, please keep an eye out for information on our upcoming spring and summer learn to swim and aquatic certification programs and registration dates.
Follow Ottawa Recreation, Culture and Facilities’ Facebook page for all the latest news and information on our recreation and arts programs, activities and events.
Version française page 2