LRT Stage 2
- Construction Update October 19 to November 4
- Mise à jour sur l’étape du projet de TLR – 19 octobre au 4 novembre
Night work is required at the following locations:
- Moodie and LMSF Area – Nightly ramp closures until end of the year, required during off-peak hours.
- Pinecrest – Nightly ramp closures until the end of the year; this will be ongoing and long term as night operations during off-peak hours are required
- Carling at Lincoln Fields – watermain relocation work to occur day and night to finalize this critical work.
- Richmond Road and Byron Avenue – utilities relocations are ongoing and sections will be done at night: to minimize impact to property accesses in some cases, for traffic signal work, and to reduce traffic delays and mobility impacts.
- Lincoln Fields Fly Over Bridge – Friday, November 13th overnight – pre cast deck panels to be installed over the transitway.
- Work is advancing inside Lincoln Fields with MUP work, and trenching for manholes and sanitary lines, from Lawn Ave to Carling; bus loop work is ongoing.
- New Orchard to Redwood Ave – area pile drilling and excavation ongoing.
- Richmond and Byron utilities relocation work is ongoing; sidewalk detours, bus stop changes, and lane reductions; work advances in sections.
- Holly Acres Area
- Retaining wall construction is ongoing, with the concrete pads and panel installation; drilling ongoing.
- Lincoln Fields Flyover Rail Bridge (south of Lincoln Fields)
- Pedestal (base of a support column) construction is complete.
- Bridge girder installation is complete, bridge deck panel installation to occur over the next two weeks.
- Retaining wall construction is ongoing.
- Connaught Cut and Cover Tunnel
- Watermain relocation work has begun.
- Sewer and sanitary relocation work along Connaught Avenue is nearing completion.
- OC Transpo facility utilities are being relocated & new access road is in use.
- Lincoln Fields Station Area
- Carling Avenue and Lincoln Fields storm sewer relocation and median work is ongoing.
- Temporary traffic realignments are in place on Carling Avenue as work progresses.
- Temporary bus loop construction continues, with granular and slab work; paving is upcoming
- Excavation is ongoing north of the future station; work to progress in tandem with bus loop work.
- Utility work is ongoing on the north side of Carling Avenue.
- Installation of utility line casings and tunneling for the line ongoing.
- Byron and Richmond Corridor (Byron Linear Park)
- Underground utility relocation is ongoing on Byron Avenue and on Richmond Road; lane closures with flaggers and traffic control plans are ongoing through to end of the year.
- Hydro relocation work on Richmond Road near McEwen Park is ongoing.
- Cylinder piles are being drilled to support cut and cover excavation. This work is progressing from New Orchard Station eastward; with excavation.
- Storm sewer relocation between McEwen Ave and New Orchard Station is ongoing.
Overnight construction work and activities occur periodically only as required. Work is undertaken with a valid Noise Bylaw Exemption Permit. Overnight work is necessary in select situations and circumstances, including:
- Where work is required to be done during off-peak traffic hours;
- to minimize impact to mobility/traffic;
- to maintain work site operations during inclement weather (i.e. dewatering);
- during off-peak hours mandated by the Province;
- unforeseen circumstances;
- for safety or emergency situations, as required
- weather factors and seasonal impacts on scheduling.