O-Train West Extension
Moodie Interchange, Moodie LRT Station and Moodie Light Maintenance and Storage Facility (LMSF):
- Structural steel and cladding installation of the Service and Inspection building is ongoing.
- Administrative building footings are being installed.
- Switch yard pile drilling has begun.
- A new northbound Moodie to westbound 417 on-ramp has opened.
- Bridge deck construction of the future westbound 417 on-ramp from southbound Moodie Drive is ongoing.
- Bridge deck construction of the west portion of Moodie Drive over the LRT track (future southbound lanes) is nearing completion.
- Transitway work is underway on drainage and asphalt removal.
- Corkstown road realignment work has started.
Holly Acres and Highway 417 Interchange
- Construction is ongoing on the toe wall, on the south side, for the new southbound to 417 on-ramp.
Bayshore Station Area
- Utilities relocation awaiting lands access.
Pinecrest Station Area
- A new Highway 417 westbound on-ramp from northbound Pinecrest Road has reopened.
- Highway 417 westbound off-ramp to Pinecrest Road will remain closed until summer 2023 to advance the trench.
- Bus turnaround on north side is underway.
- Utilities relocation work is ongoing.
- Electrical and road work continues at Lisa Avenue and Greenbank Rd.
Algonquin Station Area
- Wet utilities relocation is ongoing at the parking lot.
- Bus Operator Building sanitary connection and roofing are underway.
- Backfill of exterior walls has started.
Iris Station and Pinecrest Creek Area
- Pinecrest Creek realignment is complete, adjustments are being made as needed.
- Drilling for foundation of the Iris bridge structure is complete.
- Retaining wall construction has begun.
- Wall construction at the Pinecrest Stormwater Management Pond is underway.
- Woodroffe Avenue road widening work will resume in 2022.
Lincoln Fields Flyover Rail Bridge (south of Lincoln Fields)
- Backfill and east abutment work for the new Woodroffe pedestrian bridge are ongoing.
- Split-structure parapet construction has been completed.
Lincoln Fields Station and Carling Avenue LRT Bridge
- Drilled shafts for the concourse is nearing completion.
- Structural steel, waterproofing, backfilling and formwork installation continue at the station.
- Carling traffic shift to be complete by the end of November.
- Excavation for the bridge structure continues.
- Utilities installation on Edgeworth has been completed.
- At the north end of Lincoln Fields, excavation for the tunnel is ongoing.
Connaught Cut and Cover Tunnel and Queensview Station Area
- Queensview Station storm line relocation work has been completed.
- Drilled shafts and concrete pouring for support of excavation continue for the Connaught Tunnel along Queensview.
- Electrical and plumbing work at the station to begin shortly.
Byron and Richmond Corridor (Byron Linear Park)
- Cylinder pile drilling, excavation and rock breaking are ongoing for tunnel work.
- Support of excavation work continues.
- East of Woodroffe Avenue, drilling, lagging, and rock breaking are ongoing.
- New Orchard Station conduits installation is underway.
- Concrete pouring for the Parkway Tunnel walls is ongoing, requiring temporary closures along Byron Avenue until winter.
- Watermain relocation work has started near Cleary and Richmond.
Rochester Field & Sir John A. Macdonald (SJAM) Parkway
- Parkway Tunnel drilling, support wall construction and excavation operations are ongoing.
- Dewatering operations in work zones will be ongoing as needed.
- Churchill north at SJAM Parkway underpass construction continues.
Kìchì Sìbì Station to west of Tunney’s Pasture Station
- Scott Street electrical work, road widening, and paving are progressing in preparation for the 2022 bus detour.
- Scott Street sidewalks and drainage installation are ongoing.
- Goldenrod bridge slab installation and parapet work are nearing completion.
- Preparations for the conversion of Westboro Station is now underway with construction of new concrete pad and bus shelter.
- Dominion/Berkley/Churchill utilities relocation work continues.
Communications and Stakeholder Relations
All City of Ottawa in-person public meetings are cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Rail Construction Program is using other means and methods for sharing information with the public.
Stakeholders can stay up to date on the Stage 2 LRT project by visiting Ottawa.ca/Stage2, where they can view the following:
- Stage 2 LRT interactive map
- Stage 2 LRT newsletter
- Station descriptions and renderings
- Fact sheets and other helpful resources
Stakeholders can continue to direct inquiries to the Stage 2 LRT project’s email, Stage2@ottawa.ca.