O-Train West Extension
Moodie Interchange, Moodie LRT Station and Moodie Light Maintenance and Storage Facility (LMSF)
- Structural steel, cladding, rebar, concrete, mechanical installations for the Service and Inspection building are ongoing.
- Administrative building footings are being installed.
- Switch yard drilling and footings work is underway.
- Pumping station drilling has started.
- Moodie Station excavation and backfill operations have begun.
- Guideway excavation has begun at Moodie.
- Corkstown, east of Moodie interchange, road realignment is now in operation.
Holly Acres and Highway 417 Interchange
- The former on-ramp to Highway 417 is being removed and new support walls are being installed.
Bayshore Station Area
- Utility relocation is underway.
Pinecrest Station Area
- Highway 417 westbound off-ramp to Pinecrest Road will remain closed until summer 2023 as crews construct the guideway trench.
- Bus turnaround construction on north side is ongoing.
- Concrete wall construction has started.
- Electrical and road work at Lisa Avenue and Greenbank Road is nearing completion.
- Pinecrest Station electrical conduit installation has begun.
- Queensview Station mechanical, electrical, piping and concrete installation are all underway.
Connaught Cut and Cover Tunnel and Queensview Station Area
- Queensview Station area’s Cut and Cover Tunnel operations are ongoing with excavation, rebar, waterproofing, and support of excavation activities alongside Highway 417 between Pinecrest and Connaught Avenue.
- Drilled shafts and concrete pouring for support of excavation are ongoing.
Algonquin Station Area
- Relocation of wet utilities continues.
- Station structural formwork, electrical and mechanical installations are underway.
Iris Station and Pinecrest Creek Area
- Pinecrest Creek realignment is now complete with minor adjustments to be made as needed.
- Construction of the Iris bridge abutments are on-going.
- Block wall, and new MUP construction are ongoing at the Pinecrest Stormwater Management Pond.
Lincoln Fields Flyover Rail Bridge (south of Lincoln Fields)
- Site maintenance is ongoing through winter.
Lincoln Fields Station and Carling Avenue LRT Bridge
- Drilling operations for the support of excavation has begun on the south side of Carling Avenue, for a new bridge structure at Lincoln Fields Station and Carling Avenue.
- Lincoln Fields Station escalators are being installed, with ongoing painting of steel, formwork, electrical, mechanical, and framing activities.
- North of Lincoln Fields at Richmond Road, excavation for the Cut and Cover Tunnel continues, with excavation for two new temporary roadway bridges on Richmond Road.
Byron and Richmond Corridor (Byron Linear Park)
- Tunnel construction continues with pile drilling, support installation, and excavation activities.
- Richmond and McEwen Avenue area has ongoing utilities relocation.
- New Orchard Station structural wall construction continues.
- Parkway Tunnel wall construction is ongoing, requiring temporary closures of sections of Byron Avenue for crane operation.
- Sherbourne Station’s mechanical and plumbing work has started.
- Watermain relocation work has begun near Cleary Avenue and Richmond Road.
- Operation and maintenance of heaters and pumps, refueling, lighting, and dewatering across the corridor are ongoing day and night this winter.
Kìchì Sìbì Station to Tunney’s Pasture Station
- Scott Street drainage, electrical, and signals work for the Spring bus detour is ongoing.
- Support wall construction for the bus bridge continues.
Rochester Field & Sir John A. Macdonald (SJAM) Parkway
- Parkway Tunnel pile drilling, support wall construction and excavation are ongoing from Byron, along SJAM, to east of Rochester Field.
- Operation and maintenance of heaters and pumps, refueling, lighting, and dewatering are ongoing day and night this winter.
- Construction at Churchill Avenue and SJAM is advancing on the new pedestrian underpass.
Communications and Stakeholder Relations
All City of Ottawa in-person public meetings are cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Rail Construction Program is using other means and methods for sharing information with the public.
Stakeholders can stay up to date on the Stage 2 LRT project by visiting Ottawa.ca/Stage2, where they can view the following:
- Stage 2 LRT interactive map
- Stage 2 LRT newsletter
- Station descriptions and renderings
- Fact sheets and other helpful resources
Staff continue to engage with Councillors and community stakeholders as work progresses. Stakeholders can continue to direct inquiries to the Stage 2 LRT project’s email, Stage2@ottawa.ca.