August 5, 2019 to August 18, 2019
- Preparatory activities (borehole drilling, top soil stripping, site office mobilization, pre-construction surveys, etc.) are currently underway on each O-Train extension to facilitate the commencement of Stage 2 construction activities in 2019.
O-Train Confederation Line West Extension
- Borehole drilling is currently underway in the following locations:
o Iris Station
o Baseline Station
o Between Pinecrest Station & Connaught Tunnel
o Bayshore Station
- Borehole drilling is scheduled
o Lincoln Fields Tunnel Portal
o Westboro Station
o Dominion Station
- Sir John A. Macdonald Parkway Cut and Cover Tunnel Preparatory Works
o The Sir John A. Macdonald (SJAM) Parkway is shifting north to accommodate the space required to construct a cut-and-cover tunnel between Dominion Station and Cleary Avenue.
o Off-peak lane reductions between Dominion Avenue and Cleary Avenue are anticipated to occur until late October. Eastbound and Westbound traffic will be maintained at all times.
o Topsoil removal is underway and will be followed by roadworks. Granular spreading is anticipated to begin in areas where topsoil removal has been completed.
o Crews have realigned a small section of the Ottawa River Pathway north of the SJAM in order to accommodate the future westbound lanes.
- West day-to-day work yard set up (Baseline Road and Navaho Drive)
o Catch basin installation is currently underway. Crews continue to strip topsoil and construct the granular pad.
o This site will support temporary modular trailer complex, parking spaces and a day-to-day yard to be used for the coordination of Confederation Line West construction activities.
- Building demolition
o Building demolition is scheduled to occur in September 2019 within the project limits:
▪ On the east side of Connaught Avenue between Severn Avenue and Hanlon Avenue (three houses)
▪ On Richmond Road, east of Cleary Avenue (one strip mall).
- Rochester Field Archeological Investigation
o Archeological investigation efforts have concluded at Rochester Field. An archaeological report is currently being finalized and will be provided to the NCC.
o Work will commence to transition this location to a laydown area in the coming weeks.
- Pre-construction surveys
o East-West Connectors (EWC) have retained DST Consulting Engineers to carry out a pre-construction survey of the homes and buildings located within close proximity to the project. As indicated in the east update, DST will be documenting properties to establish the existing conditions of the interior and exterior of buildings near the alignment, prior to the start of construction.
READ FULL UPDATE – Trillium Line and Confederation East