The City of Ottawa’s Rail Construction Program is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and is in contact with the constructors about adhering to guidance provided by Ottawa Public Health and the Province of Ontario.
Construction is underway across all three Stage 2 O-Train Extensions:
- In the south, work is progressing well at the Walkley Maintenance and Storage Facility (MSF) and on multiple rail bridges including Airport Parkway, Uplands Road, Lester Road, Leitrim Road, Bowesville Road, Earl Armstrong Road, and Limebank Road.
- In the east, Highway 174 road and utility relocation work are ongoing to make way within the centre median for LRT infrastructure. Bridge construction is underway at the East Rail Flyover Bridge, and on two new highway overpasses at the Montreal Interchange.
- In the west, work at the Moodie Light Maintenance and Storage Facility, Queensview, Iris, Lincoln Fields, and Byron Linear Park is ongoing, including construction of the Lincoln Fields Flyover rail bridge. Cut and cover tunnel construction has commenced on the Parkway Tunnel. Preparatory works have also begun at the Moodie, Holly Acres and Pinecrest 417 interchanges.
For the full update:
- Stage 2 Construction update Jan 22 to Feb 19
- Mise à jour sur l’étape 2 du projet TLR – 22 jan. au 19 fév.