Some facilities are closed due to the outages. Here is the list of recreation facilities that are currently closed due to the power outages:
- Carlsbad Community Centre
- Kars Recreation Centre
- Kenmore Community Centre
- Manor Park Community Centre
- Rockliffe Park Community Centre
- Ron Kolbus Lakeside Centre
- Tennis Centre West Ottawa
- Forestry Services has received over 1800 requests for service.
- Staff are prioritizing work to address downed trees and broken or hanging limbs that are blocking streets or that may otherwise pose a hazard to residents or property. Cleanup will be a multi-week effort involving multiple teams and partners.
- Tree cuttings, branches and brush may be placed at the curb for chipping or collection, separate from non-organic waste and tied with twine in bundles, if possible.
- Starting Friday, April 7, tipping fees at the City’s landfill site at the Trail Waste Facility (4475 Trail Road) will be temporarily waived for residents with organic storm-related waste such as tree-cuttings, brush and branches.
- The Trail Waste Facility is open:
- Good Friday (Friday, April 7) from 9 am to 5 pm
- Easter Monday (Monday, April 10) from 9 am to 5 pm
- Saturday, April 15 from 8 am to 4 pm
- Monday to Friday from 7 am to 6 pm
- The City is monitoring the risks of food spoilage due to prolonged power outages and will advise of targeted collection if necessary. For now, residents are encouraged to use their green bin, and to consider public health guidance on food safety during an outage.
- Multiple power outages throughout the City may affect the operation of traffic signals. Residents are reminded that a traffic signal without power should be treated as a four-way stop.
- Three child care centres are closed due to power outage: Foster Farm, Huron Early Learning and Charmian Craven Centre
- Ogilvie Road Employment and Social Services Centre is closed due to power outage but the service will remain open by email/phone and residents will be redirected as needed
- North Gower Client Service Centre is closed.
Who to call
For life-threatening emergencies
For information on provincial government and local community-based health and social services including food
For City of Ottawa services such as garbage collection, by-laws, forestry services and childcare services
For inquiries to Hydro Ottawa about power outages
For inquiries to Hydro One about power outages