September 30, the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation, is an annual statutory holiday for City of Ottawa employees. As September 30 falls on a Saturday this year, the statutory holiday will be recognized on Monday October 2.
The following will be closed on Monday, October 2:
- All municipal child care centres
- All Client Service Centres
- The Business Licensing Centre at 735 Industrial Avenue
- The City of Ottawa Spay and Neuter clinic at 26 Concourse Gate
- Administration buildings will be closed to the public
The following will be services will operate on a modified schedule:
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters only. Please visit ottawa.ca/311 for more information.
- The Trail Waste Facility will be open on Monday October 2 from 7 am to 6 pm
- Some indoor pools, arenas and recreation and fitness centres will operate on modified schedules. Please check ottawa.ca for details
There are no changes to scheduled transit service on Saturday, September 30 or Monday, October 2, and no impacts to green bin, recycling or garbage collection.