Beginning Friday, June 2, temporary road closures will impact Slater Street, Bay Street and Bronson Avenue for sewer work as part of the Albert/Queen/Slater/Bronson reconstruction project.
Closures will occur at different times and locations between Friday, June 2 and Friday, July 28.
Closures affecting Slater and Bay streets
- Friday, June 2 to Sunday, June 4: Full closure of Slater Street, between Bronson Avenue and Bay Street
- Monday, June 5 to Sunday, June 11:Full closure of Bay Street, between Slater Street and Laurier Avenue West
Note: The start and end dates of the Bay Street closure may be adjusted slightly depending on the progress of the work during the Slater Street closure.
Closures affecting Bronson Avenue
The Bronson Avenue closures will be divided into five stages:
- Stage 1 – Monday, June 5 to Friday, June 9:Bronson Avenuenorthbound at the Albert Street intersection will be closed. Vehicles will be required to turn left onto Albert Street.
- Stage 2 – Saturday, June 10 to Monday, June 12:Full closure of Bronson Avenue, between Slater and Albert streets
- Stage 3 – Tuesday, June 13 to Friday, June 16:Once Stage 2 is complete,there will be afull closure of Bronson Avenue, between Queen and Albert streets
- Stage 4 and Stage 5 – Monday, June 19 to Friday, July 28:Once Stage 3 is complete, Bronson Avenue northbound will reopen and Bronson Avenue southbound will be closed, between Queen and Albert streets
Note: The start and end dates of the Bronson Avenue closures may be adjusted slightly depending on the progress of each phase as well as weather conditions.
Parking and local access
As the various closures are in progress, on-street parking will be restricted and signage will be in place. Local access will be maintained for residents, business owners and emergency vehicles.
Pedestrians, cyclists and OC Transpo
Pedestrian, cyclist and transit access will be maintained where possible. Detours and signage will be in place. Visit octranspo.com for service updates.