Ottawa – To many of us, the changing leaves can only mean one thing: it’s time to dig out the skates! Residents looking forward to getting back on the ice will be excited to see the Fall 2021 Skating and Hockey eGuide available online now. To keep residents, staff, and volunteers safe, this year’s programs have been modified for COVID-safety with low-ratio groups at select locations across the city.
Have an aspiring figure skater or future NHL star in your family? Sign them up for skating lessons, available in group or private sessions.Any non-skating child must be accompanied by an adult on skates with some skating experience. A CSA-certified hockey helmet is required for all skaters, including adults.
In addition to skating lessons, the following registered activities will be open to residents:
- 4-on-4 hockey skills development for children
- Hockey game play for adults
- Instructional powerskating
Proof of Vaccination is required for participants along with valid ID showing name and date of birth. Visit ottawa.ca/recreationPOV for further information on exceptions, such as the exemption for youth between the ages of 12 and 17 who enroll in a registered program.
Registration opens on Wednesday, October 20 at 9 pm.
Registration is easy. Explore the eGuides to select the program that interests you and follow these simple steps:
- Go to ottawa.ca/recreation to view the eGuides or visit join.ottawa.
- Click the relevant barcode – it will take you to the course page, with details about the number of spaces available, fees and dates.
- Add the class to your cart and then proceed through the checkout. We’ll email you your receipt.
Looking to pick up a new hobby this winter? Look for the Winter 2022 Recreation and Culture eGuides coming this November with registration opening in December.
Version française page 2