Crime Prevention Ottawa is pleased to announce the winners of the 12th annual Crime Prevention Ottawa Awards. The awards honour the people, programs and groups that are making our city a safer place for everyone.
I was honoured to present the Youth Leadership Award to the Ethnocultural Youth Advisory Committee.
Since the Ethno-cultural Youth Advisory Committee was formed 12 years ago, they have reached hundreds of people through their workshops. They’ve also made a positive impact on the lives of their peers. The group is working hard to celebrate diversity, create equal opportunities for people of colour, and put an end to systemic racism. All of this goes a long way towards decreasing crime in our community. Here to receive this year’s Youth Leadership Award on behalf of the committee is Tausif Ahmed, a member of the Committee.
The winners were celebrated at a special online ceremony on Monday, November 2, 2020. Thanks to all those of you who joined us!
The award winners are:
- Outstanding Agency Award – Ottawa Victim Services
- Community Program Award – Next Chapter Program, youturn
- Police Professional Award – Cst. Sebastien Lemay, Ottawa Police Service
- Innovation Award – ABLE2 Fetal Alcohol Resource Program
- Leadership Award – Amber Montgomery
- Youth Leadership Award – Ethno-cultural Youth Advisory Committee, Youth Services Bureau located in Bay Ward
Did you miss the event? Watch the entire ceremony on YouTube or on Rogers TV 22 and RogersTV.com/Ottawa on Friday, November 6 at 4 pm. You can also follow along on Facebook and Twitter to see our winners’ stories over the next six weeks.
Visit the Ethnocultural Youth Advisory Committee Facebook page.