So you weren’t able to take the kids out to see Santa and his reindeer this year because you thought everything was cancelled because of COVID-19. But wait! Some parade organizers have gotten creative and are still moving ahead – although with a somewhat different format to keep everyone safe.
- Orléans Drive Thru Parade of Lights, Saturday, December 5, 5 to 8 pm, Place d’Orléans Park and Ride
- Richmond Village Drive-through Santa Parade, Saturday, December 5, 5 to 8 pm, Richmond Fairgrounds
- Parade of Lights, Saturday December 12, 5 to 8 pm, Eagleson Park and Ride
- Navan Fair Holiday Celebration “UPSIDE DOWN” Parade, Saturday December 12, 6 to 9 pm, Navan Fairgrounds
- 11th Annual Santa Claus Parade – Drive Thru Style, Saturday December 12, 7 to 9 pm, Carp Fairgrounds
- Metcalfe Santa Claus Drive-thru Parade, Sunday December 13, 2 to 4 pm, Metcalfe Fairgrounds
In addition, there are a few other holiday activities you can enjoy:
- Lights on the trees in front of, and inside City Hall, December 1 to January 7
- Lights at Lansdowne, November 27 until after Winterlude, Casino Lac-Leamy Plaza at Lansdowne
- Magic of Lights Ottawa, 5 to 10 pm, November 13 to January 9, Wesley Clover Park, Online: $22 +HST & fees, Gate Monday – Thursday: $30, Gate Friday – Sunday: $35
- Vintage Village of Lights: Drive-through edition, Wednesday to Sunday between 5 pm and 9 pm, November 25 to December 23, $25 per vehicle, registration is required, Cumberland Museum
- Christmas Lights Across Canada, November 30 to January 7
Now that you’ve got some ideas to help get you back in the Christmas spirit, don’t forget to Buy Local when you do your Christmas shopping. It’s your gateway to incredible food and take-out options, one-of-a-kind shops and boutiques, unique services and more.