Ottawa homeowners will be able to take advantage of a new pilot program to help manage stormwater on their properties. The three-year pilot will train landscapers, offer education and outreach, provide free assessments and cover up to $5,000 per household for stormwater-management projects.
- Rain Ready Ottawa is a pilot program that will encourage homeowners to take action on their property to reduce harmful impacts of stormwater runoff.
- The three-year pilot will train landscape professionals, conduct education and outreach, provide free home assessments, and cover up to $5,000 per household for stormwater management projects.
- Rebates will be available for downspout redirection, rain gardens, soak-away pits, permeable driveways and certified landscape designs.
- Home assessments and rebates are targeted to Ottawa’s priority stormwater management retrofit areas in Pinecrest Creek/ Westboro and the Eastern Subwatersheds.
- Homeowners across the City can benefit from information and education as well as access to landscape professionals trained in home stormwater management.
- Staff will report on the pilot in 2023 and recommend whether the City should establish a long-term program.
- Program information and eligibility will soon be available on ottawa.ca/rain