As the City continues the gradual re-opening of businesses, services and public spaces, Ottawa Public Health would like to remind the public that the vast majority of the population remains susceptible to the COVID-19 virus.
Ottawa Public Health has developed an infographic to provide additional guidance to the public.
The level of risk associated with each activity is based on the following COVID-19 public health recommendations:
- Physical distancing remains very important. We must do our best to stay two metres (six feet) away from others outside of our household. The safest activities include those that are done alone or with members of your household only.
- Staying active and engaging in hobbies (while safely maintaining the two-metre distance) can help improve physical and mental health.
- We should use caution when engaged in certain activities (e.g. while out in public – shopping or taking a walk etc.)
- Activities that are considered the least safe include gathering in groups outside of the household unit where physical distancing can be difficult (e.g. having guests over, team sports and other examples).
- Cloth masks can help prevent the spread of COVID-19 when physical distancing cannot be maintained. It is strongly recommended to wear a cloth mask in indoor or outdoor settings where maintaining two metres from others is difficult.
Everyone has a role to play to help reduce the risks that may result from lifting COVID restrictions in our City. (continued on next page)
City officials and Ottawa Public Health strongly encourage Ottawa residents to do your part to minimize the risks by:
- Staying informed and following public health advice. For the most recent information, please visit OttawaPublicHealth.ca/Coronavirus
- Continuing to practice good hygiene (hand hygiene, avoid touching face, respiratory etiquette, disinfect frequently touched surfaces)
- Maintaining physical distancing as much as possible when outside of the home
- Staying at home and away from others if symptomatic or feeling ill
- Wearing a cloth mask in situations where physical distancing cannot be maintained