The City of Ottawa would like to remind residents of the following schedule changes and impacts to City services for the Remembrance Day holiday on Friday, November 11.
Please visit Your guide to recognizing Remembrance Day in Ottawa for more information on ceremonies and activities taking place on Friday, November 11.
Client Service Centres
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters only. Please visit ottawa.ca/311 for more information.
- The Client Services Centres at Ottawa City Hall, Ben Franklin Place, 580 Terry Fox Drive, 255 Centrum Boulevard and the City’s Provincial Offences Court at 100 Constellation Drive will be closed.
- The Business Licensing Centre at 735 Industrial Avenue will be closed.
Green bin, recycling and garbage collection
- Curbside green bin, recycling, garbage or bulky item collection will take place as usual on Friday, November 11.
- Multi-residential garbage and recycling containers, green bin and bulky item collection will take place as usual on Friday, November 11.
- The Trail Waste Facility will be open on Friday, November 11.
- All City parking regulations and restrictions apply.
- Veterans who wear their medals or uniforms or who have a veteran’s license plate on their vehicle can park for free at City Hall on Friday, November 11 between 7:30 am and 1 pm.
- Veterans who wear their medals or uniforms during National Veterans’ Week, from Saturday, November 5 to Friday, November 11, can ride OC Transpo, Para Transpo and Société de transport de l’Outaouais buses and paratransit service for no charge. Companions accompanying veterans also ride at no charge.
- At O-Train Line 1 stations, veterans and their companions can use the video-chat function at ticket machines to get through the fare gates at no charge.
- Service will operate on a regular weekday schedule on Friday, November 11.
- Some OC Transpo and Société de transport de l’Outaouais routes will be detoured due to the street closures downtown. To plan your transit trip, visit octranspo.com or sto.ca. OC Transpo will pause all service to observe two minutes of silence at 11 am on Remembrance Day, if it is safe to do so. OC Transpo and Para Transpo buses will pull over to the side of the road and all trains will be held at station platforms. OC Transpo’s Contact Centre (613-580-5000) and the Customer Service Centre at the Rideau Centre will also pause service and calls to observe two minutes of silence.
- The OC Transpo Customer Service Centre at the Rideau Centre will be open from 12:30 pm until 7 pm. Plan ahead: call 613-560-5000 to book an appointment.
- All other OC Transpo Customer Service Centres currently remain closed.
- Para Transpo operations:
- Para Transpo will operate on a regular service. Regularly scheduled trips are not cancelled. Customers who do not need their scheduled trip on Friday, November 11 should cancel it by using My Para Transpo or calling 613-560-5000.
- Customers may start booking trips for Friday, November 11 on Friday, November 4 by using My Para Transpo or calling 613-560-5000.
- The trip reservation line will be open from 7 am until 5 pm.
- The trip cancellation line will be open from 6 am until 12:30 am.
- The Taxi Coupons line for Para Transpo customers will be closed.
- Société de transport de l’Outaouais will operate a reduced weekday service on Friday, November 11. You can plan Société de transport de l’Outaouais trips using Plani-Bus.
- For more information on Remembrance Day service, visit octranspo.com or call 613-560-5000. You can also connect with OC Transpo through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Recreation and cultural services
- Indoor pools, arenas as well as recreation and fitness centres will operate on regular schedules, including drop-in and registered programs. There are no cancellations resulting from Remembrance Day.
- Please note that some regular public swims may be cancelled on short notice due to a shortage of lifeguards. It is recommended you confirm by checking with the facility before leaving home.
- Most art centres and museums will be closed on Friday, November 11. Please check with the centre or museum directly for details.
- City Hall Art Gallery and Karsh-Masson Gallery will be closed on Friday, November 11.
- Shenkman Arts Centre and Meridian Theatres @ Centrepointe will be closed on Friday, November 11.
- The City of Ottawa Archives, Barbara Ann Scott Gallery, and Gallery 112 will be closed on Friday, November 11.
Ottawa Public Health
- Visit the COVID-19 Vaccine page for vaccination clinic hours and availability.
- Visit the COVID-19 Testing page for testing centre and care clinic hours and availability.
- The Ottawa Public Health COVID-19 Vaccine Booking Line will be closed on Friday, November 11.
- The Sexual Health Clinic and satellite clinics will be closed.
- The Site program office and supervised consumption services at 179 Clarence Street will be closed. The Site mobile van will operate from 5 to 11:30 pm.
- The Ottawa Public Health Information Centre will be closed.
- Dental clinics will be closed.
- The Parenting-In-Ottawa drop-ins will be closed.
Community and Social Services
The Bernard Grandmaître respite centre at 309 McArthur Avenue will be closed on Friday, November 11.
Municipal child care services
- All municipal child care centreswill be closed.
- All Ottawa Public Library branches will be closed on Friday, November 11. Virtual services, loans and programs can be accessed on the Ottawa Public Library website.
In recognition of Remembrance Day and in accordance with the City’s Remembrance Day By-law most retail businesses cannot open until 12:30 pm.