Ottawa – The National Remembrance Day Ceremony will take place at the National War Memorial on Thursday, November 11 and will be modified in accordance with local health guidelines. If you plan on attending, here are some tips to be COVID-Wise at the ceremony.The Royal Canadian Legion will broadcast the ceremony live from their Facebook page. Reach out to your local legion for more information events planned in your community.
Below is a list of City services, noting any impacts to schedules on Remembrance Day.
Client Service Centres
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters only. Please visit ottawa.ca/311 for more information.
- The Client Services Centres at Ottawa City Hall, Ben Franklin Place, 580 Terry Fox Drive and 255 Centrum Boulevard and the City’s Provincial Offences Court at 100 Constellation Drive will be closed.
Green bin, recycling and garbage collection
- Green bins, recycling and garbage will be collected as normally scheduled.
- The Trail Waste Facility will be open.
- All City parking regulations and restrictions apply.
- Veterans who wear their medals or uniforms or who have a veteran’s license plate on their vehicle can park for free at City Hall on Thursday, November 11 between 7:30 am and 1 pm.
- Veterans who wear their medals or uniforms during National Veterans’ Week, from Friday, November 5 to Thursday, November 11, can ride OC Transpo, Para Transpo and Société de transport de l’Outaouais (STO) buses and paratransit service for no charge. Companions accompanying veterans also ride at no charge.
- Service will operate on a regular weekday schedule on Thursday, November 11.
- Use the OC Transpo Travel Planner to plan your trip.
- OC Transpo and Para Transpo buses will pull over to the side of the road at 11 am on Remembrance Day to observe two minutes of silence, if it is safe to do so.
- The OC Transpo Customer Service Centre at the Rideau Centre will be open from 12:30 pm until 7 pm. Plan ahead: call 613-560-5000 to book an appointment.
- All other OC Transpo Customer Service Centres currently remain closed.
- Para Transpo operations:
- Para Transpo will operate on a regular service. Regularly scheduled trips are not cancelled. Customers who do not need their scheduled trip on Thursday, November 11 should call 613-560-5000 or cancel their booking online.
- Customers may start booking trips one week before by calling 613-560-5000 or by booking online beginning Thursday, November 4.
- The reservations line will be open from 7 am until 5 pm.
- The trip cancellation line will be open from 6 am until 12:30 am.
- The Taxi Coupons line for Para Transpo customers (613-842-3670) will be closed.
- Société de transport de l’Outaouais (STO) will operate a reduced weekday service on Thursday, November 11. You can plan STO trips using Plani-Bus.
- For more information on Remembrance Day service, visit octranspo.com or call 613-560-5000.
Recreation and cultural services
- Recreation programs, drop-in and sport activities will operate on regular schedules. This includes public swimming, swimming lessons, public skating, weight and cardio rooms and fitness classes.
- Museums and theatres will be closed.
Ottawa Public Health
- Visit the OPH COVID-19 Vaccine page for vaccination clinic hours and availability.
- The Centretown Community Health Centre will be closed for COVID-19 testing on Thursday, November 11. All other testing locations in Ottawa will be open with regular operating hours. Visit the OPH COVID-19 Testing Information page for hours of operation and to book appointments at assessment centres and care clinics in Ottawa
- The Sexual Health Clinic and satellite clinics will be closed.
- The Site program office and supervised consumption services at 179 Clarence Street will be closed. The Site mobile van will operate from 5 pm to 11:30 pm.
- The Ottawa Public Health Information Centre and COVID-19 Information Line will be closed.
- The Ottawa Public Health COVID-19 Vaccine Booking line at 613-691-5505 will be open from 8:30 am to 4 pm on Thursday, November 11.
- Dental clinics will be closed.
- The Baby Help Line will be closed.
Community and Social Services
- The Tom Brown respite centre, at 141 Bayview Station Road, and the Bernard Grandmaître respite centre, at 309 McArthur Avenue, will be closed. The centres will reopen on Friday, November 12 during regular operating hours.
Municipal child-care services
- All municipal childcare centreswill be closed.
- All Ottawa Public Library branches will be closed. Virtual services, loans and programs can be accessed on the Ottawa Public Library website.
- In recognition of Remembrance Day and in accordance with the City’s Remembrance Day By-law, most retail businesses cannot open until 12:30 pm.