Mental health is an important part of our health. Positive mental health is the core for a person’s well-being. Good mental health allows a person to reach their potential and deal with normal stresses of life.
The following resources are available to all Ottawa residents:
- Distress Centre of Ottawa and Region support line 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at 613-238-3311, in French there is Tel-Aide Outaouais – 613-741-6433
- Counselling Connect offers free counselling sessions over the phone or video call the same day or the next day
- The Walk-In Counselling Clinic (reachable by phone at 613-755-2277) offers free counselling without an appointment. Sessions are offered in French, English, Arabic, Spanish, Somali, Cantonese, and Mandarin by phone or video call
- AccessMHA helps residents over the age of 16 years to connect to mental health and substance use health services
- 1Call 1Click helps connect children, youth and their families (from birth to 21 years of age) to mental health and addiction services and resources
- Mental Health Crisis Line – 1-866-996-0991