There will be a new red-light camera installed at Carling Ave. and Iroquois. It is one of 20 new cameras that will be installed by the end of 2019.
By the end of the year, red-light cameras will be installed at the intersections of:
- Bank Street and Hunt Club Road* (Ward 10);
- Besserer Street and King Edward Avenue (Ward 12);
- Carling Avenue and Iroquois Road (Ward 7);
- Catherine Street and O’Connor Street* (Ward 14);
- Russell Road and St-Laurent Boulevard (Ward 18) and,
- Walkley Road and Don Reid Drive (shared boundaries of Wards 10 and 18).
An additional 14 locations will be equipped with red-light cameras by the end of 2020. Locations will be identified based on a review of red-light running collisions occurring between 2014 and 2018. Once the 14 locations have been confirmed, a memo will be sent to Council listing these locations.