In April 2022, the City of Ottawa will resume construction of the new retaining wall at the corner of Britannia Road and Skuce Private.
- What: The work will include the construction of a new single tier concrete retaining wall.
- Why: The existing wooden retaining wall was built in circa 1980 and has now reached the end of its service life.
- When: Construction is expected to begin in mid-April and be completed in June, 2022.
- Where: The work will take place on the east side of Britannia Road between Skuce Private and Carling Avenue, and within the eastbound lane along Skuce Private for approximately 20 metres.
- Who: The City of Ottawa has retained the Contractor, In-Depth Contracting, to complete the work.
Accessibility is an important consideration for the City of Ottawa. The City makes every effort to provide access through and around construction sites. Provisions to accommodate pedestrians and cyclists during construction are an integral part of the project.
If you require special accommodation, please contact the project team listed below. Accessible formats and communication supports are available, upon request, at the following link: www.ottawa.ca/accessibleformat
During construction intermittent lane reductions may be required. Signage and traffic control personnel will flag traffic through the site. Pedestrian detours will be signed at times when it is necessary to close sidewalks. For impacts to the regular bus schedule please visit octranspo.com.
As the various road reconstruction activities are in progress on your street, on-street parking may be restricted.
In-Depth Contracting will take every precaution to minimize interruptions to the everyday life of your family and/or operation of your business but, as you can appreciate, there may be some inconvenience during the course of the work, such as delays when travelling around the construction zone, noise and dust. You may also feel vibrations due to heavy equipment operations. Vibrations from construction activities are quite common and rarely cause any problems. We would like to thank you in advance for your patience and co-operation.
For construction activity hours of work, the City of Ottawa follows provincial requirements and the City’s the Noise By-law (2017-255).
- For any emergency outside normal working hours, please call the City at 3-1-1.
- For general project information, please contact the City’s Project Manager.
- For construction related questions or concerns, please contact the Contractor Representative.
Consultant Project Manager
Stan Skeggs, C.Tech., rcca
McIntosh Perry Consulting Engineers, LTD.
115 Walgreen Road, Carp, ON, K0A 1L0
Tel.: 613-880-1473, ext.1473
Luigi Di Nuzzo, P.Eng
64 Cleopatra Dr, Nepean, ON K2G 0B4
City Project Manager
Nick Giamberardino, EIT
Project Manager, Infrastructure Projects
City of Ottawa
100 Constellation Drive, Ottawa, ON K2G 6J8