- OC Transpo’s Ready for Travel Planner is now available in a test version for customers to start planning their transit journeys now, to be ready for the opening of O-Train Line 1, the Confederation Line, later in the year.
- If customers have feedback on the test Ready for Rail Travel Planner, they can fill in the feedback form at http://www.octranspo.com/ready4rail/ready4rail_travel_planner_feedback. Staff will review all of the feedback received to make improvements to the test Travel Planner’s database and system.
- Customers can use the test Ready for Rail Travel Planner on octranspo.com/ready4rail to learn the most convenient route options for their trips, as well as estimated walking times, travel times, and transfer locations.
- Mapping out a trip is simple: type in the starting address and the destination, along with the preferred arrival or departure time, and the system will calculate several options for the entire trip.
- A few tips to remember when using the test Ready for Rail Travel Planner:
- Trip times are based on the 24-hour clock. For example, a
time of “2” is interpreted as 2:00 a.m. For a trip at 2:00 p.m., the time needs
to be entered as “14” so that the trip generated by the test Travel Planner
accurately reflects the request.
- Trips generated by the test Travel Planner include generous walking times, to allow for people with all levels of physical ability. Some customers will find that their actual walking times will be shorter than the test Travel Planner shows.
- The test Travel Planner will show a number of options for each trip request and will primarily show the quickest one. Some of the other options presented may also be of interest, depending on each customer’s individual preferences.
- On Friday nights, O-Train Line 1 service will extend until 2:00 a.m. The test Travel Planner for weekdays currently shows the Monday-Thursday times, when Line 1 service will end at 1:00 a.m. Overnight bus service runs seven days a week.
- The O-Train system has been built to make customers’ journeys comfortable, easy, and reliable. Trains will be running every five minutes or more frequently during peak periods, and very frequently throughout the day, and will not be impacted by on-street service delays such as those caused by traffic congestion, weather, or street or lane closures. This means that trips will be more consistent and dependable.
- For more on the O-Train Line 1, Confederation Line, please visit www.octranspo.com/ready4rail. The planned full network of bus routes and O-Train lines is available at http://www.octranspo.com/ready4rail/system_map_zoom.