The Queensway Terrace Trunk Storm Sewer is an important piece of City storm sewer infrastructure that conveys stormwater runoff from a mix of residential and commercial development in the Queensway Terrace Community.
The trunk storm sewer serves a large area of approximately 180 hectares. In 2015, a condition assessment of the trunk storm sewer within the project area identified that the sewer was overall in poor condition. As a result, the City is proactively moving forward with plans to replace the sewer pipe. As part of this work, the size of the replacement pipe will also be increased to bring the level of service of the trunk sewer inline with current design standards.
The project limits for the construction are highlighted above and includes:
- Henley Street from Connaught Avenue to Alpine Avenue
- Arkell Street from Henley Street to approximately 942/948 Arkell Street
- Alpine Avenue from Henley Street to Clarenda Street
- Clarenda Street from Alpine Avenue to Mossdale Street
- Mossdale Street from Clarenda Street to Moncton Road
- Moncton Road from Mossdale Street to the condominium entrance between 2652A/2662B Moncton Road
- City Easement from the condominium entrance between 2652A/2662B Moncton Road to Queensview Drive (between 2625 and 2655 Queensview Drive)
- Design assignment completion: late fall 2019
- Utility relocations: summer/fall 2020
- Sewer construction: 2021