Week of Jan 10 – 14:
- Contractor has remobilized to site this week setting up traffic controls, preparations for watermain commissioning and connection work, mobilizing crews and materials.
Next 2 weeks forecast:
- 1 contractor crew completing the commissioning of the 400mm (16in.) diameter watermain on Alpine as well as continuing with the deep trunk storm sewer installation from Part 1 on Alpine
- 1 contractor crew continuing with the trunk storm sewer from Part 1 on Henley between Connaught and Arkell
- 1 contractor crew continuing the trunk storm sewer from Part 1 on Henley between Connaught and Arkell
- 1 contractor crew completing the deep trunk storm and trunk sanitary sewers from Part 1 on Alpine
- 1 contractor crew completing the trunk storm sewer from Part 1 on Henley between Connaught and Arkell and, weather permitting, starting to build the road foundation on this same section of Henley
- 1 contractor crew continuing the trunk storm sewer installation on Alpine towards Clarenda (Part 2 of the project)
The City project management team is still awaiting a detailed schedule from the Contractor for Part 2 work, however, they have indicated that they will not be stopping work during the winter once the underground work associated with Part 1 is complete. They will simply keep moving ahead with some of the Part 2 work. Regular updates will be shared as they are received.
At this point, the contractor does not foresee working Saturdays.