Residents are encouraged to use drop-in clinics and move up late appointments to achieve Ottawa’s two-dose summer.
- Get a vaccine without an appointment at select drop-in clinics
- Move up your September and October vaccine appointments
- Other options to get your vaccine
Get a vaccine without an appointment at select clinics
Residents can now drop in to select community clinics in Ottawa to receive a first or second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine without an appointment.
Move up your August, September and October vaccine appointments
This initiative is especially useful for individuals with second dose appointments in late August, through to November so that they can move up their appointments to July or early August. Most of these appointments were booked automatically through the provincial booking system when individuals made their first dose appointments. Unfortunately, many of these appointments are for clinic times and dates that will no longer exist due to progress in the City’s vaccine distribution plan.
You are able to receive your second dose at least 28 days after receiving an mRNA vaccine (Moderna or Pfizer), and at least eight weeks after receiving AstraZeneca vaccine.
Other options to get your vaccine:
- Sign up weekly for a COVID-19 vaccine wait list to receive an alert when a last-minute appointment becomes available near you. Ottawa Public Health will contact you by text, email or phone.
- Book an appointment through the provincial booking tool or a local pharmacy
- Visit a drop-in clinic if you live in a priority neighbourhood
After you have been vaccinated you will receive a confirmation email with proof of vaccination. Remember to check your junk folder. You can also get a vaccine receipt through Ontario.ca/bookvaccine.
Community clinics are administering the mRNA vaccines (Moderna and Pfizer), and residents will be informed on-site which one they are receiving. Since interchanging vaccines is safe and effective, the priority is to receive two doses of any vaccine to complete the series and be fully protected.
Version française page 2