National Capital FreeNet (NCF) is an Ottawa-based, member-governed, not-for-profit alternative to commercial internet service providers.
what they do
NCF offers internet services:
- high-speed DSL internet access
- email (including webmail and spam filtering)
- web page hosting (personal or organizational web pages)
- discussion groups (community or personal)
- support from people in Ottawa (we’re local!)
NCF serves thousands of people in the national capital region and hosts hundreds of community organizations, helping to make Ottawa a better place.
NCF works with Valoritec to ensure data security and environmental responsibility. If you have electronics to dispose, Valoritec is an e-waste recycler. Since 2009, the City of Gatineau uses Valoritec to recycle all the electronic equipment sent to its ecocentres.