Ottawa – OC Transpo is offering unlimited no-charge service on all forms of transit (buses, O-Train and Para Transpo) to customers in December, in recognition of the considerable disruption faced by transit users following the suspension of O-Train Line 1 service.
OC Transpo is making unlimited no-charge transit in December as easy as possible for customers:
- From December 1 to 31, fare gates at all O-Train stations are opened and fare boxes and smartcard readers on all OC Transpo buses are covered.
- Monthly December passes are not being sold.
- Presto customers with auto-renew subscriptions will see a one-cent charge which will be credited back to their account.
- U-Pass customers or customers with a school board issued pass do not need to tap their card at O-Train stations or on OC Transpo buses.
- All Para Transpo trips during December are at no charge.
- Regular fares continue to apply to transit customers travelling on the Société de transport de l’Outaouais (STO) system. Customers who had a monthly pass on their Presto card in November and U-Pass customers should tap their card as they board but no charges will be applied. Other customers still need to pay the applicable STO fare.
Version française page 2