OC Transpo summer service begins Sunday, June 26, with service adjustments and seasonal changes to reflect summer ridership. Some Transitway closures and detours for Stage 2 O-Train construction will begin Thursday June 23. Customers can visit octranspo.com, use the Travel Planner or call 613-560-5000 to see if summer service changes and construction detours will affect their trips.
Transitway closure between Tunney’s Pasture and Dominion Stations
The Transitway will permanently close between Tunney’s Pasture and Dominion Stations to allow for construction of the Stage 2 O-Train extensions to Algonquin and Moodie Stations.
- Buses will travel on Scott Street.
- At Westboro Station customers will use temporary bus platforms on Scott Street. The station roadway and building will be closed.
- Routes 62 and 75 will provide service to a pair of stops on Scott Street at Island Park Drive. No other detoured bus routes will serve these stops.
- At Dominion Station, customers will use new temporary bus platforms on the realigned temporary Transitway.
The closures and bus detours will be implemented in phases starting Thursday, June 23, until Sunday, June 26. There will be temporary bus stop and station access adjustments at Tunney’s Pasture Station to accommodate the transition to the new detour routing. Customers travelling during the transition period should check octranspo.com for details on bus stop changes and detours.
Transitway closure between Iris Station and Baseline Station
The Transitway will permanently close between Iris Station and Baseline Station on Sunday, June 26, to allow for construction of the Stage 2 O-Train extension to Algonquin Station. Buses will be detoured via Woodroffe Avenue and Iris Street. At Iris Station, there will be temporary adjustments to the location of bus stops, but all bus routes will continue to serve the station. There will be no changes at Baseline Station.
At Dominion, Westboro, Tunney’s Pasture and Iris stations, signage will help direct customers to the interim access points and bus stops, and OC Transpo staff will be on site over the first number of days to assist. For the latest detour information, visit octranspo.com/alerts.
- Route 27 – Three additional round trips will be added in the midday, and the route will be adjusted to travel via Wanaki, Mikinak, and Codd’s Roads to better serve customers in recently developed areas of the Wateridge neighbourhood, including Veterans’ House.
- Route 40 – Service during off-peak hours will operate along Johnston Road instead of Tapiola Crescent. Weekday peak-period service will continue to operate on Tapiola Crescent.
- Route 93 – Service will travel along Bradwell Way between Findlay Creek Drive and Kelly Farm Drive and will no longer use the White Alder Avenue loop.
- Routes 25, 82 and 87 will see trip frequency adjustments during certain time periods to reflect summer ridership.
- Summer weekend service returns with trips to recreation destinations:
- Route 25 to the Canada Aviation and Space Museum
- Route 139 to Petrie Island (begins Saturday, June 18)
- Route 185 to the Central Experimental Farm and Canada Agriculture and Food Museum
Visit octranspo.com or call 613-560-5000 for more information about OC Transpo construction detours and summer service and schedules. You can also connect with OC Transpo through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.