OC Transpo Health and Safety measures
- Keeping it fresh: The air on OC Transpo’s trains is filtered and exchanged about every minute. Learn more about airflow and OC Transpo’s commitment to keeping you safer
- OC Transpo’s health and safety measures have been developed in close consultation with Ottawa Public Health and are in line with provincial and federal guidelines.
- OC Transpo is conducting enhanced sanitizing and cleaning of all vehicles and stations around the clock.
- Customers and employees are required to wear cloth masks or face coverings that cover the nose and mouth when using OC Transpo. Masks are to be worn before entering buses, trains, bus shelters, stations, and Para Transpo buses and contracted taxis.
- Protective shields are installed at the front of all buses for the safety of operators and customers. Trains have a separate operator cab that provides protection for rail operators.
- Para Transpo operators wear surgical masks and face shields. Face shields take the place of protective shields around operators on conventional buses and trains.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are available at all O-Train stations and most Transitway stations. Customers are encouraged to pump some on before they jump on – and again after their trip.
- OC Transpo continues to monitor ridership levels, and travel patterns, and adjustments are made as required.
- Visit octranspo.com for more information on how OC Transpo is keeping customers and staff safe.