In the west, work at the Moodie Light Maintenance and Storage Facility, Pinecrest Station, Queensview Station, Iris Road/Pinecrest Creek, Algonquin Station, Lincoln Fields Station, and Byron Linear Park excavation and station work is ongoing. Cut and Cover Tunnel construction is progressing on the Parkway Tunnel. Work is progressing well at the Pinecrest 417 interchange and Holly Acres 417 interchange.
Moodie Interchange, Moodie LRT Station and Moodie Light Maintenance and Storage Facility (LMSF):
- Structural Steel is being erected for the train storage shed.
- LMSF backfilling and duct bank work is ongoing.
- Roof installation for the Administration and Service & Inspection building roofs is ongoing.
- Moodie Station drainage system installation continues.
- Guideway tiebacks, rock breaking, lagging and supports installation continue.
Holly Acres and Highway 417 Interchange
- Panel installation is underway for the west Mechanically Stabilized Earth (MSE) wall.
Bayshore Station Area
- Utility relocation is in progress.
Pinecrest Station Area
- Pinecrest Station electrical installation is underway.
- Electrical and road work at Lisa Avenue and Greenbank Road continues for the Transitway closure between Pinecrest and Bayshore later this year.
- Tunnel support of excavation and excavation are ongoing between Pinecrest and Queensview Stations.
Connaught Cut and Cover Tunnel and Queensview Station Area
- Queensview Station area’s Cut and Cover Tunnel operations are ongoing with excavation, rebar, waterproofing, and support of excavation activities alongside Highway 417 between Pinecrest and Connaught Avenue.
- Queensview Station electrical and plumbing installations continue.
- Drilled shafts, line drilling, and concrete pouring for support of excavation are ongoing.
Algonquin Station Area
- Relocation of wet utilities continues.
- Station structural steel, electrical and mechanical installations are underway.
- Excavation of the guideway continues south of Iris.
- Delivery of blocks for the Pinecrest Stormwater Management Pond is complete.
- Pinecrest Creek repair work is almost complete.
Lincoln Fields Flyover Rail Bridge (south of Lincoln Fields)
- Site maintenance is ongoing through winter.
- The new Woodroffe pedestrian bridge superstructure has been installed. Additional work on the bridge deck and approach ramps is planned for later this year.
- Drilling operations for the support of excavation continues on the south side of Carling Avenue, for a new bridge structure for the Carling Avenue south side lanes over the LRT guideway.
- Lincoln Fields Station has ongoing formwork, electrical, mechanical, and framing activities.
- North of Lincoln Fields at Richmond Road drilling and excavation for the Cut and Cover Tunnel continues.
Byron and Richmond Corridor (Byron Linear Park)
- Tunnel construction continues with pile drilling, support installation, and excavation activities.
- Utility relocation at Richmond and McEwen Avenue is ongoing.
- New Orchard Station structural wall and conduit work continues.
- Parkway Tunnel wall construction is ongoing, requiring temporary closures of sections of Byron Avenue for crane operations.
- Sherbourne Station plumbing work is ongoing.
- Watermain relocation work continues near Cleary Avenue and Richmond Road.
- Operation and maintenance of heaters and pumps, refueling, lighting, and dewatering across the corridor are ongoing day and night this winter.
Note – Photo of the Parkway Tunnel concrete wall progress at New Orchard shown as featured image for this post.
Rochester Field & Sir John A. Macdonald (SJAM) Parkway
- Parkway Tunnel pile drilling, support wall construction and excavation are ongoing from Byron, along SJAM, to east of Rochester Field.
- Box culvert installation preparations underway east of Rochester Field.
- Relocation of a large watermain near Cleary Avenue is ongoing.
- Operation and maintenance of heaters and pumps, refueling, lighting, and dewatering are ongoing day and night.
- Construction at Churchill Avenue and SJAM continues on the new pedestrian underpass.
Kìchì Sìbì Station to Tunney’s Pasture Station
- Scott Street drainage, electrical, and signals work for the implementation of the bus detour is ongoing.
- Installation of manholes at Dominion and the Transitway is nearing completion.
Communications and Stakeholder Relations
All City of Ottawa in-person public meetings are cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Rail Construction Program is using other means and methods for sharing information with the public. Stakeholders can stay up to date on the Stage 2 LRT project by visiting Ottawa.ca/Stage2, where they can view the following:
- Stage 2 LRT interactive map
- Stage 2 LRT newsletter
- Station descriptions and renderings
- Stage 2 Construction Notices
Subscribe for project updates at Ottawa.ca/Stage2Connect.