In the west, work at the Moodie Light Maintenance and Storage Facility, Pinecrest Station, Queensview Station, Iris Road/Pinecrest Creek, Algonquin Station, Lincoln Fields Station, and Byron Linear Park excavation and station work is ongoing. Cut and Cover Tunnel construction has commenced on the Parkway Tunnel. Work is progressing well at the Pinecrest 417 interchange and Holly Acres 417 interchange.
Moodie Interchange, Moodie LRT Station and Moodie Light Maintenance and Storage Facility (LMSF):
- LMSF formwork, concrete, duct banks and plumbing services.
- LMSF backfilling, compaction, roofing, structural installations ongoing.
- Moodie Station construction preparations underway as well as pumping station support of excavation drilling.
- Guideway tie-backs, lagging and supports installation continue.
- Bus loop drainage work is ongoing.
Holly Acres and Highway 417 Interchange
- Work is ongoing with excavation, drainage and granular pad installation.
- Electrical work continues on traffic lights.
Bayshore Station Area
- Utility relocation is in progress.
Pinecrest Station Area
- Pinecrest Station structural wall construction has begun.
- Electrical and road work at Lisa Avenue and Greenbank Road is nearing completion.oSupport of excavation, excavation, and storm and sanitary sewer relocation are ongoing between Pinecrest and Queensview Stations.
Connaught Cut and Cover Tunnel and Queensview Station Area
- Queensview Station area’s Cut and Cover Tunnel operations are ongoing with excavation, rebar, waterproofing, and support of excavation activities alongside Highway 417 between Pinecrest and Connaught Avenue.
- Queensview Station electrical and plumbing installation continues.
- Drilled shafts and concrete pouring for support of excavation are ongoing.
Algonquin Station Area
- Relocation of wet utilities continues.
- Station structural formwork, electrical and mechanical installations are underway.
- Bus operator building is fully enclosed with interior finishes underway
Iris Station and Pinecrest Creek Area
- Storm sewer installation continues.
- Structural girder installation is complete for the final Iris Street bridge alignment.
- Excavation of the guideway has begun.
- Delivery of building materials for the block wall at the Pinecrest Stormwater Management Pond are ongoing.
Lincoln Fields Flyover Rail Bridge (south of Lincoln Fields)
- Site maintenance is ongoing through winter.
- The Woodroffe pedestrian bridge’s steel trusses are being assembled.
Lincoln Fields Station and Carling Avenue LRT Bridge
- Drilling operations for the support of excavation has begun on the south side of Carling Avenue, for a new bridge structure at Lincoln Fields Station and Carling Avenue.
- Lincoln Fields Station escalators are being installed, with ongoing formwork, electrical, mechanical, and framing activities.
- North of Lincoln Fields at Richmond Road drilling and excavation for the Cut and Cover Tunnel continues.
Byron and Richmond Corridor (Byron Linear Park)
- Tunnel construction continues with pile drilling, support installation, and excavation activities.
- Richmond and McEwen Avenue area has ongoing utilities relocation.
- New Orchard Station structural wall and conduit work continues.
- Parkway Tunnel wall construction is ongoing, requiring temporary closures of sections of Byron Avenue for crane operations.
- Sherbourne Station plumbing work is ongoing.
- Watermain relocation work continues near Cleary Avenue and Richmond Road.
- Operation and maintenance of heaters and pumps, refueling, lighting, and dewatering across the corridor are ongoing day and night this winter.
Communications and Stakeholder Relations
All City of Ottawa in-person public meetings are cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Rail Construction Program is using other means and methods for sharing information with the public. Stakeholders can stay up to date on the Stage 2 LRT project by visiting Ottawa.ca/Stage2, where they can view the following:
- Stage 2 LRT interactive map
- Stage 2 LRT newsletter
- Station descriptions and renderings
- Stage 2 Construction Notices – Subscribe here