This memorandum outlines the milestones achieved in Q3 2019 and provides an overview of the planned work for the remainder of Q4 2019 for the Stage 1 and Stage 2 projects.
Stage 1 Confederation Line Project Update
In Q3 2019, final activities were completed for the launch of the O-Train Line 1 Confederation Line.
• Substantial Completion milestone was achieved on July 27, 2019;
• Revenue Service Availability (RSA) milestone was achieved as of August 30, 2019; and,
• Drills and exercises occurred between RSA and the launch of passenger service.
The O-Train Line 1 Confederation Line began passenger service on September 14, 2019.
Stage 1 Confederation Line Project Close Out
Minor deficiency work throughout the project alignment and other project close-out activities will continue in Q4 2019 and into 2020. This work includes final reporting to the funding partners and close-out of project documentation.
In addition to the project close-out, various roadway and traffic reinstatement works are planned for Q4 2019, including but not limited to the following:
• Conversion of the bus only lane on Nicholas Street northbound to a general traffic lane;
• Reintroduction of a northbound right turn lane at Nicholas Street to Laurier Avenue eastbound;
• Reintroduction of two traffic lanes and one bicycle lane in each direction on Laurier Avenue between Nicholas and Waller streets;
• Opening of the on-ramp from Highway 417 westbound to Highway 174 eastbound; and,
• Reopening of the Lees Avenue eastbound on ramp to the Highway 417.