Camp Summer Fun will begin on July 6 on the condition that Provincial restrictions are relaxed to allow day camps for children and in accordance to the stage two guidelines announced by the Province.
The City has designed the camps in accordance with Provincial guidelines and advice from Ottawa Public Health that support preventative measures and mitigation strategies, including physical distancing measures and group sizes.
Some of the enhanced and strict public health measures that will be in place, include:
- Smaller camp groups
- Additional staff to assist with maintaining physical distancing requirements and sanitization
- Screening protocols for campers and staff
- Plexiglass sneeze guards installed where appropriate
- Floors decals to mark physical distancing measurements of two metres
- Staff will wear Personal Protective Equipment, including cloth face masks, when physical distancing can’t be maintained
- Camp attendees are encouraged to wear cloth face masks during activities where it may be difficult to maintain a distance of two metres
The camps will not include field trips, swimming, skating, guest speakers and entertainers, or specialty summer camp programming. Instead, the camps will focus on fun and creative physically-distanced sports, games and crafts this summer, with activities held outdoors whenever possible.
Camps are open to children and youth aged four to 12 years, allowing siblings to be in the same camp group. French camps are available at select locations. The cost of Camp Summer Fun is $219 per week and will be offered from 8 am to 5 pm.
Registration for Camp Summer Fun will be available online only, starting Monday, June 15 at 9 pm. Payments can be made using credit card or VISA/MasterCard debit payments.
An FAQ is available at ottawa.ca/SummerCamps for more detailed information. Parents or guardians who want more information or have questions can reach out to CampSummerFun@ottawa.ca.