Did you know that more than just food scraps and greasy pizza boxes go into the green bin?
- Pet bedding, kitty litter, dog feces and other animal waste
- Paper plates, paper cups, and paper take-out packaging
- Paper towels and tissues
The green bin makes your holiday season get-together cleanups even easier. Be sure to put the following items in the green bin:
- Hosting: Reusable items are always better, but if you must use paper plates, napkins, paper coffee cups, wooden stir sticks, etc., don’t forget to put them in the green bin.
- Baking: Waxed paper, parchment paper, flour bag, spices, muffin wrappers, microwave popcorn bags
- Gift wrapping: Tissue paper
- Cold weather: Used Kleenex/tissues, cold fireplace ashes, tea bags and coffee grounds/filters
Keep in mind that empty milk or eggnog cartons belong in the blue bin, and wax paper belongs in the green bin.